Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Our Wedding Music


Music has always been a big part of our lives, and I wanted the music we played at our wedding to reflect that. I've never liked the idea of playing random popular songs that don't necessarily go along with the meaning of the day. For example, last summer I was working a wedding in The Tower and the couple had songs like "What Hurts The Most" and Nickelback (cringe) playing in the background during their cocktail hour. That would not be us, not our wedding. Early on I started compiling a list of songs that had special meaning, sweet lyrics, and pretty melodies that suited our tastes. Some songs that were featured in our big day...

Processional: The Light by Sara Bareilles
Recessional: Marry You by Bruno Mars
Grand entrance: First Date by blink-182
First dance: The Girl by City and Colour
Garter toss: Alive With The Glory of Love by Say Anything
Bouquet toss: Single Ladies by Beyonce (seriously, is there any other choice?)
Cake cutting: All About Us by He Is We featuring Owl City

Cocktail & dinner hour songs:
Sparks Fly - Taylor Swift
Inevitable - Anberlin
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Lucky - Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab for Cutie
Bad Fish - Sublime
Smother Me - The Used
Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine
Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop - Landon Pigg (my first ringtone for Justin!)
Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads
I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz
Ordinary People - John Legend
Better Together - Jack Johnson

As far as dance songs, I honestly can't remember much of them. The only two I vividly remember getting my groove on to were Club Can't Even Handle Me and Teach Me How to Dougie. The rest were one giant blur of laughing and twirling my dress around.



1 comment:

  1. Flightless Bird, American Mouth!!

    LOVE the pictures!
    and "one giant blur of laughing and twirling my dress around" <3

    ReplyDelete