Friday, September 28, 2012

While You Were Traveling

This last weekend was Justin's first official travel game with the team. While he was dying in the 107 degree heat, I spent my solo time sprucing up the house, watching Grey's Anatomy & the new Katy Perry movie, and baking cupcakes. I finally got our wedding gifts on display and also put up some Halloween decorations! (I know it's a little early okay, but if stores can put out Halloween decorations in August I can put ours up at the end of September so shut it.) I was able to keep the cost relatively low since most of it were gifts or things I already had on hand.
Here's what I have accomplished so far!


{ Wood frame from HomeGoods for $25 }

{ We used this thumbprint tree as the guestbook at our wedding. It was hand-drawn and framed by my bridesmaid, Cara. Isn't it amazing?! We are planning on getting a mat to border the tree but it's too pretty to not be displayed in the meanwhile. }

{ My sister found this frame a swap meet in San Diego for me. 
You can find the free printable I used inside the frame here. }

{ A wedding gift from our beautiful &talented friend Mel. }

{ Another gift from a girlfriend of mine. We found these shopping at HomeGoods, $10 each! }


 { A DIY project from a couple years back. I bought these flowers on sale at Michael's, sprayed them with glue and dumped orange, purple, and black glitter on them. }
{ I adore alternative vases, and this Little Black Dress wine bottle is perfect for Halloween. }

{ I found this cute little mask at a thrift store in Salt Lake City for fifty cents! }

{ And Halloween just isn't complete without a sparkle skull. }

{ Pillar candle holders are from Pier One like 4 years ago. Scented Glade candles were $2.50 a piece at Walmart and the votives (purple votive not pictured) were $2 each at Michael's. }

This is all for now for the living room. I started redecorating our bedroom as well, but I'll post more about that once I complete the project I'm currently working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment