Tuesday, January 28, 2014

2014, so far

January has been a month of getting sh*t done. Isn't that how it always goes, though? A new year rolls around and suddenly you're like oh... I guess now would be a good time to get to my never ending to-do list. Whatever the reason behind it though, I am feeling accomplished. So far in 2014 I have...

Set up a joint account with my husband.

Signed up for our local gym.

Spent more time with my sister.

Cut out soda from my diet completely.

Ordered the prescription reading glasses I've desperately needed for years.

Quit overspending on nonsense.

Purchased Katy Perry tickets for her concert in September!

Kept the apartment clean during the week (instead of only cleaning on Sundays).

Tried new recipes and ate out less.

Paid off all my medical bills. (!!!)

I still need to work on finally changing my last name and getting a Utah driver's license. And I am still on the hunt for the perfect full-time job. Justin and I have turned our focus to cleaning up our credit and starting to look for a house. I think 2014 is going to be a great year for our family.

2 comments:

  1. Get it girl! I was hoping you would have found a FT job by now :( I hope you find one soon!

    How hard was cutting soda out?! I'm trying to do so myself but I keep relapsing haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I know! I'm looking but I'm just not having any luck.

      Cutting out soda has been a struggle! Especially since Justin hasn't, so he's still enjoying the delicious nectar right in front me while I'm just sad. But I noticed a difference in my overall health in a week, I started feeling better and losing the extra pooch. So it's a win for me!

      Delete