Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Birchbox Favorites

I subscribed to Birchbox last October as a little birthday present to myself. Since then I have received a box every month with tons of fun little products. A lot of the samples I received were new brands I hadn't tried before, and today I wanted to share my favorites with you.

{ 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8}

001. Kiehl's Aromatic Blends Body Wash in Orange Flower + Lychee // Kiehl's is definitely one of the pricier beauty brands out there, but once you use this body wash it becomes clear why. The smell is heavenly without being overpowering and this soap is absolutely luxurious.

002. Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll-On // Ever since the hospital, I've started off each morning gasping at the unsightly darkness under my eyes. It must have been divine intervention, because my first box out of the hospital came with this roll-on. The cooling effect from the cucumber soothes puffiness quickly and leaves my skin feeling fresh and moisturized.

003. Lulu Organic's Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder // One word to sum up this product: wow. This was my first time using a hair powder instead of dry shampoo and I couldn't have been more surprised. I always figured using a powder would be messy and show in my roots, but it was the opposite. You need only the tiniest bit of product and your hair will look freshly washed for an extra two days. Plus, the lavender scent made my hair smell better than when I HAD just washed it!

004. Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner in Black // I've raved about this eyeliner before, but I'm happy to say it again. I have tried every type of liner known to man (powder, gel, liquid) and this is my favorite thus far. It's very easy to use, doesn't dry out while applying and stays put. I am also able to layer it to go from day-to-evening without rubbing off the existing liner.

005. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream // Using a CC cream was another first for me. My skin type has always been clear, but oily. When I first tried this product, I was worried it would make my face appear extra oily. I was pleasantly surprised when I found it did not appear oily at all, but gave me a subtle glow and dewy appearance. I lightly dust powder over it and my make up stays in place well into the night.

006. Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo // My hair is very fine, oily and naturally straight so finding the right product to add volume to my otherwise lifeless locks can be a struggle. Enter Serge Normant's Dry Shampoo. This product instantly adds volume AND combats my second-day oily hair. A word of caution though, if you're one of those people who can't stand feeling product in your hair this shampoo may not be for you. You can easily feel the residue when you touch your hair. This has never bothered me though, and I'm so glad because I love this shampoo!

007. Essie Nail Polish in Master Plan // Essie is one of my favorite nail polish brands because their colors apply so well. Master Plan is the perfect shade for fall and winter. I love this soft grey!

008. Beauty Protector Protect + Detangle // My #1 favorite product, like ever. I cannot say enough good things about this, and I tell practically everyone I meet about it. My hair easily tangles and the fact that I blow dry, straighten, and curl it most days does not help. It does EVERYTHING! Detangles, protects from heat, nourishes, adds shine, and protects color! Plus it's 100% vegan so it's great for any hair type. I use this product religiously. The smell is delicious and leaves my hair smelling great for days. Love love love this product.

My favorite thing about Birchbox would have to be the variety they pack in each box. Each month there's something different and the ability to customize your beauty profile means there's rarely a sample I'm not excited about. I highly recommend checking out Birchbox, and especially these products!

1 comment: